The Interim Secretariat of the International Think Tank for LLDCs, in cooperation with the UN Office of the High Representative for Landlocked Developing Countries has organized a High level luncheon event for the Group of LLDCs in New York on October 6 on the occasion of the entry into force of the Multilateral Agreement for the establishment of an ITT for LLDCs, which is the first ever international intergovernmental organization headquartered in Mongolia.
The event aimed at recognizing the entry into force the Multilateral Agreement and inform LLDCs about the next steps of the ITT for LLDCs.
The event was opened by H.E. Ms. Fekitamoeloa ‘Utoikamanu, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States, H.E. Mr. Lazarous Kapambwe, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of theRepublic of Zambia to the United Nations and Chair of Landlocked Developing Countries and H.E. Mr. Sukhee Sukhbold, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Mongolia to the UN.
The event was concluded with the introduction of the recent activities of the ITT for LLDCs by Mr. Odbayar E., Ambassador at-Large and Interim director of the ITT for LLDCs, and official launching of the latest 5 publications of the ITT for LLDCs such as:
- International Trade Connectivity – Revisiting ‘Dutch Disease’: The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Diversification on the International Trade and Food Security of Laos,
- ICT Connectivity – The Process of Technology Leapfrogging: Insights from the National ICT Infrastructure Development Journey of Azerbaijan,
- Transport Connectivity – Modelling the Potential for Aviation Liberalization in Central Asia,
- Bilateral Transit and Transportation Agreements of LLDCs: Benefits and Bottlenecks – Case India and Nepal,
- Rethinking regional integration for LLDCs.